Friday, July 16, 2010

A Girl's Guide to Life by Katie Meier

I received a copy of A Girl's Guide to Life by Katie Meier from Thomas Nelson Publishers and I found it to be a great guide for young women. It touches on so many different subjects. From peer pressure to sex to even the subjects of text messaging and the internet! I especially love that the author really addresses how to be cautious when it comes to technology. So many young women use cell phones and the internet on a daily basis, so I think its really important to touch on this subject considering technology is a part of daily life for many people! It was nice to see this topic as well as many others. Such a broad range of topics. I feel like the tone of this book is definitely self respect and I absolutely love that because sometimes young women can forget how important that is with all the pressures of adolescence. Unfortunately it can be easy to lose sight of whats important: Self respect and respect for others. I really think that reading this guide will remind young women of what is important and empower them. This is a wonderful guide that I really believe in. I think it can definitely make a difference in a young woman's self esteem. This book has an incredible, powerful message. I wish there were more books like this one!

Wishing you love and happy reading...